BOC: New Song and Album News

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Jan 24 10:18:28 EST 2001

Hmm ... not sure I'm real thrilled with these 2 old tunes making it on
the new CD.  They are both good, but are more of the soft pop-rock that
Buck is known for.  "Stone of Love" is pretty good (Fanclub co-chair
Melne's favorite - I wonder if she had any influence in this tune
getting considered for the album?)  "Here Comes That Feeling" is nice,
but sounds too 80's pop to me to be put on a BOC album in 2001.  Still,
I'm sure I will enjoy it.  Curious though - I recently saw an interview
where Buck talked about this being a more cohesive album that the last -
adding these tunes would not really support that concept.

I haven't yet heard "Dance on Stilts" (or even "Now is the Time the Old
Gods Return" for that matter) but fan review has been very positive.
Will be really interested to see if a song from Danny ends up on the
album - it would be refreshing to get some input from him.

John