BOC: New Song and Album News

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Wed Jan 24 10:47:18 EST 2001

John Swartz wrote:
> Hmm ... not sure I'm real thrilled with these 2 old tunes making it on
> the new CD.  They are both good, but are more of the soft pop-rock that
> Buck is known for.

I'm sure (or at least I hope) the band will tinker with them to make the
tunes more modern. I mean, "Sally" and "Gun" by the Brain Surgeons don't
sound like they were written in the '70s to me. So it can be done.

> Curious though - I recently saw an interview
> where Buck talked about this being a more cohesive album that the last -
> adding these tunes would not really support that concept.

In light of this statement, it sounds like Buck will make sure these other
tunes are in keeping with the sound of the rest of the album.

Any word on who's providing lyrics for the album?

> Will be really interested to see if a song from Danny ends up on the
> album - it would be refreshing to get some input from him.

Yeah, if Danny puts the same energy into his songs that he displays at gigs,
look out....

Brian