OFF: Re: HW: Question for Dave regarding use of music for Dr. Who

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 24 19:59:22 EST 2001

Ahhh, The Trial of the Timelord series is one of my all time favs.
Colin Baker was a refreshing change from Davison, at the time, I couldn't
wait for him to go, then he got Perry, that kept me happy for a few eps, C.
Baker's first show was amazing, I don't think there's many show's where the
"Doc" was trying to do away with his companion.
bob

In a message dated 1/24/01 11:59:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scylding at CARLAZ.COM writes:

> >I was delighted to see Colin Baker take the helm, as I think he was not
>  >developed enough as the 6th doctor and I actually liked him.
>
>  I don't think the BBC let him do what he really wanted to with the
>  character. AIUI, Colin wanted to hark back to the likes of Hartnell
>  and get a little dark and unpredictable, wheras the Beeb wanted
>  something funny and slapstick -- and of course everyone compared him
>  to Tom Baker. The "Trial of a Timelord" stuff is top notch, though.
>
>  Cheers,
>  Carl

Hawkwind: Time & Space Website
http://members.aol.com/Hawkwinder/hawkwindrulesindex.html