OFF: Re: HW: Question for Dave regarding use of music for Dr. Who

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Jan 25 10:43:39 EST 2001

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, M Holmes wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: Re: HW: Question for Dave regarding use of music for Dr.
:                 Who
:
:The cunning thing of course is that he really wasn't. He did the sales
:spiel for the Shadows in the vein of a car salesman "Hey, Ambassador
:Londo. Want to completely destroy several Narn planets; bomb their
:homeword into the stoneage; gain fame and fortune; become Emperor of
:Centari Prime? Well, just walk this way..."

*laugh*

:Well no. He simply asked "What do you want?" and of course the above is
:what Londo thought he wanted.
:
:That "minor character" comment is a major calumny IMHO. The Shadows were
:menacing precisely because just about all you saw of them was this
:polite, if not amiable, character, and some wicked looking spacecraft
:that could slice'n'dice just about everything in the galaxy.

agreed.  I think my favorite sequence of the B5 series (as opposed to the
original pilot, which is still my favorite, but I'm weird ;-) ) is
the Morden/Molari/Vir interactions.

...but I never did buy g'kar as a christ-like figure....

Arin
(great fan of all the "nonmajor" characters in B5,
Vir/Lennier/Morden/etc.)
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559