OFF: Re: HW: Question for Dave regarding use of music for Dr. Who

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jan 25 11:06:52 EST 2001

Arin Komins writes:

> I think my favorite sequence of the B5 series (as opposed to the
> original pilot, which is still my favorite, but I'm weird ;-) ) is
> the Morden/Molari/Vir interactions.

You mean "The Gathering" as opposed to the cobbled-together "In The
Beginning"?

I think my fave bits were the three episodes dealing with Babylon 4. If
they do another series/movie then IMHO it should deal with the
Sinclair/Valen character in the B4 Shadow war and the Minbari Prime and
Narn homeworld stuff of the same period. Doing "Crusade" as a five year
mission thing was complete cack. The other big thing yet to be done is
of course the Psi-War that occurred between the demise of B5 and the
start of Crusade. bester was a good enough baddie that his nemesis
surely has to be done at some point - probably with a tragic reunion
with Carolyn.

> ...but I never did buy g'kar as a christ-like figure....

I was watching a movie with this character in it and thinking "Dammit, I
know that guy's voice and gestures, where have I seen him before??" It
took 2/3 of the film before I figured out it was G'Kar.

> Arin

> (great fan of all the "nonmajor" characters in B5,
> Vir/Lennier/Morden/etc.)

I also reckon Micael O'Hare made a much more commanding Captain than
Bruce Boxleitner, but neither were ever as scary as Delenn in a bad
mood. That moment during the first military faceoff with Earth was
classic: "If you want to live. Be somewhere else."

FoFP