BOC: New Song and Album News

Lofft, Joe Joe.Lofft at ITEC.MAIL.SUNY.EDU
Thu Jan 25 14:59:48 EST 2001

I'm curious as to where you heard them on the radio.  I live in Buffalo, NY
and have not heard any of these on the local US or Canadian stations.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick English [mailto:nick at NETPHD.NET]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 2:41 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: BOC: New Song and Album News

> Yep, too true.  If SYiB and HM can't get played, then
nothing can.
> Pearls before swine...
>
> theo

Both those tracks, plus LIve for Me, got a little bit
of play, but not nearly as much as they should have.
It just goes to show you how much bullshit gets slung
around in the radio industry.  Trust me, I work in it.

HF could have easily been one of the hottest hard rock
albums of the year, if only it were promoted.  There
are so many great rock albums put out by "old" bands
that are left to die on the vine only because the
musicians are of a certain age.

Still, kudos to BOC, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Yes
(check out "The Ladder") and a host of other acts out
there who still rock the way they oughta, rather than
go pansy like Clapton and Sting.  Unfortunately, there
are only a few of us left who appreciate their efforts.

--Nick