BOC-L Digest - 25 Jan 2001 - Special issue (#2001-32)

Chris Martin CultJacket at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 25 16:51:25 EST 2001

<< - the fact that they released 3 singles
 from *Heaven Forbid* is a testament to CMC's committment to BOC, IMHO. >>
Buck has told me that he was really happy with what CMC had tryed to do with
HF.
It was far much more of an effort that CBS Records did.
CMC did send out over 250 copys of Heaven Forbid as well as the same amount
of copys of SYIB,HM,LFM. Thats over 1000 copys.
The promo man for them (CMC) Ray Koobs also did alot of phone calling to
stations as well.
The problem is narrow minded program directors.
Thats why you see so many copys of SYIB,HM etc on E-Bay. I would believe lots
of Radio PD didn't even listen to it.
Styx is CMC's biggest account and they got bumped by most every radio station
as well with their latest despite a successful 18 month tour with REO
Speedwagon.
Our music is a dying breed. But atleast we have good taste.