OFF; Time to Move to Utah

Fri Jan 26 19:38:03 EST 2001

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Zeitgeist wrote:

> Check out this lineup for the Rock Stock Festival, August 23-26 at Wendover
> Airport in Utah: Bad Company, Joan Baez, Pat Benatar, Elvin Bishop,
> Ambrosia, Edgar Winter, Little River Band, The Animals, 38 Special, Cheap
> Trick, Doobie Brothers, Todd Rundgren, Mitch Ryder, Styx, Jetro Tull, Three
> Dog Night, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Gary U.S. Bonds, Canned Heat, Chicago, Joe
> Cocker, Creedence Clearwater, The Guess Who, Peter Frampton, Bruce Hornsby,
> Grand Funk Railroad, Kansas, Air Supply, Fleetwood Mac, Leon Russell,
> Santana, Iron Butterfly, Queen, Reo Speedwagon, Carole King, Rick
> Springfield, Stephen Stills, Jimmy Messina, Steve Miller Band, The Moody
> Blues, Steppenwolf, Spencer Davis Group, Firefall, Poco, Boston, Pure
> Prairie League And Randy Meisner. Tickets for the festival, produced by
> Alexas USA, go on sale February 1st, 2001. For more info contact Kelly
> Hammett of Rock Solid Entertainment Inc. at (818) 788-7197 or by e-mail at
> kelly at rocksolident.com <mailto:kelly at rocksolident.com> .

        I realise it's taken me a long time to get to some of these mails,
but I'm still, even after this delay, incredulous to the point of
scepticism about this. I don't believe the Animals have reformed, nor
Grand Funk nor Iron Butterfly (especially given that one of their members
is dead and two of the others are in the actually reformed Captain
Beyond). Though I could be wrong. I didn't believe Edgar Winter was still
in the business either, and I didn't know the Moody Blues were still
functional and I thought Fleetwood Mac had finally finally quit too.

        And I thought that Carole King was dead but I can't find anything
that says so where I'd expect it so perhaps I'm wrong. Nonetheless, I find
the combination difficult to believe. Am I too sceptical and it
really is that amazing? Or is someone making things up? Yours,
                                                                Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |