HW:Completists

Fri Jan 26 20:09:13 EST 2001

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:

> 6)Yes there's only one 'Out Of The Blues' album and it is by Twink and Mouse
> but we inadvertently referred to it as a Fairies album at some point along
> the way, too. I had a review of it but can't just locate it right now - if I
> find it I'll post it here, OK.
>
> > 6) The _Great Rock Discography_ has a full track-list and personnel for
> > Pink Fairies _Out of the Blue and Into the Pink_ from 1995, but I can't
> > find a trace of it elsewhere. On the other hand I have found a Twink
> > Records comp of random 1974 - 1976 blues recordings by him and Mouse from
> > Magic Muscle (?) called _Out of the Pink and into the Blues_, which seems
> > to reference it. Or are they the same record? Has anyone seen the first
> > one?

        You've probably understood me perfectly well here but I can't
quite be sure from your reply, so I'll expand (as it were). The book I
mention lists an album called _Out of the Blue and Into the Pink_ which is
supposed to be Rudolph and Twink with one Matthew Bailey on bass and Chris
Pinkerton on drums, this being from 1996 on HTD (HTDCD46). Gema Records
are stocking this but their descriptions are not always perfect and they
may only have put it under Pink Fairies to flog it.

        Now, I've actually seen something called _Out of the Pink and Into
the Blues_ (note the difference of the title and how the first one is a
plausible title for an unexpeted reunion album and the second makes sense
in the context of there being a first one) which is billed as being by
"Mouse & Twink: Fairies" and is a load of blues covers from '74-'76. This
one was on Twink Records, not HTD. The tracklist the book gives however
appears to be from _this_ CD, not the one it's cataloguing. Not that,
given the book in question, that means very much as he could be just as
confused as I am.

        So, can anyone tell me if the *first* one actually exists? I know
the second one does because I've held it in my hands (and gone, "Hmph,
more Twink rip-off stuff" and put it back) but then what are Gema
selling? Is it so easy to get the name wrong? Does anyone have the sort of
catalogue they can check this number in? Thanks for any help, yours,
                                                                     Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |