[OT] Roger Waters "In The Flesh" (was: HW: family tree tracklist)

Captain Bl@ck starfield at SUPANET.COM
Wed Jan 31 16:42:41 EST 2001

As a long-time fan of Pink Floyd, I think its fair to say that Roger has
certainly been more creative than his ex-colleagues since 1984. I don't care
much for Pros and Cons, and Radio Chaos was only marginally better, but I do
think he hit on something with Amused to Death.

A Momentary Lapse of Reason is a good listen though, and I loved it at the
time. Sure, half of it is written by non-Floyds, and if it is a forgery, its
a bloody good one. But the Division Bell was, for the most part, truly
awful. Bad unimaginitive playing, poor production, lousy songs and lyrics
that are almost embarassingly bad, when you think what the 70's Floyd were
capable of.

I did see them live at Earl's Court in 1994, and I thought it was a
wonderful show.  But when you listen to the live tapes, its blindingly
obvious that Gilmour's heart just isn't in it anymore.

Captain Bl at ck