[OT] Roger Waters "In The Flesh" (was: HW: family tree tracklist)

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Tue Jan 30 23:54:54 EST 2001

A>ACK. I think DB is a bit better than AMLOR ("High Hopes" isn't a bad song)
>but compared with their other output it's just bad. And the name Pink Floyd
>on those last albums is misleading IMO, it's more of Gilmour-solo with a
>bit of Nick "regressed to dum-da" Mason and Rick "catatonic" Wright with
>lots of hired unconcerned backing musicians. There's just no magic in it.

Oh, come now, their stuff compares reasonably well to... um....  Rick's
"Summer '69" on AHM.

> And as Nick mentioned in his mail the band
>should have disbanded after the "Final Cut".

The irony of this statement on a BOC mailing list with Albert on it is, um....

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold