OFF: Radio Play

KevinSommers novadrive at HOME.COM
Fri Jul 27 13:22:54 EDT 2001

Was this in the Northeast?  Connecticut, specifically?  If so, it sounds
like WCNI (which is actually 91.1f fm), which is the extremely eclectic
station at Conn College, with a site here:
http://oak.conncoll.edu/wcni/

KevinSommers
  -----Original Message-----
  From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Rus Hall
  Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 9:36 AM
  To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
  Subject: BOC: Radio Play

  Last night I was heading down to a somewhat local place to see The Fixx.
Speaking of tangents, its the same place that had Nazareth two nights before
(seems there were only 90 people that night and Naz. decided to stay in the
bus and say piss off to the meager turn out, but that's another story)
Anyway, I was cruising through the radio freqs and getting rather disgusted
at the lack of quality music (all talk, rap, gutteral screaming, and
schmultz).  Finally, with one final jabof the search button I yelled, "Good
God! Isn't there anyone out playing REAL %^&*#@! music!".  The fates must
have smiled because just then the radio stopped on the freq 91.7fm (it was
also 9:17pm - another weird coincidence), and I heard the unmistakable,
melodious chorus of Quicklime Girl.  I swear I almost wet myself (granted,
my destination is about a hour away, and I had already downed a Big Gulp
(tm)).  After th! ! at, they played Before the Kiss. Then they played a
Mountain song and then an excerpt from Monty Python's, Life of Brian -
"Would you all just BUG OFF!"  Ye freaking Gods!  Life was good again.
Unfortunately, the station faded after that and all I could catch was
"Psychedelic Review", but not a call sign.  On the way back they were
playing some rap, so I suspect it was a college station.