HW: RE: calvert question

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Wed Jun 6 15:35:47 EDT 2001

>>Incidently, the Spirit of the P/Age offers this lyric for Greenfly - 'As
>>their tiny jaws / munch on plan and cause' - I think a case could be made
>>for 'munch on planet cores' as well.

And on Lord of the Hornets, I believe the line should be
'Laying antennae-ed troops armed with stings in a paper mine'
                           ^^^^^^^^^^

>There are a few surprising errors on that otherwise superb site-

Superb is right, this is one of the best web-sites I have ever come across
in terms of design/presentation/use of hyperlinks/etc, let alone the
content. I'm sure everyone on the list already has this URL but here it is
anyway <www.thing.de/projekte/future/>

> the most
>glaring one is in "Ten seconds of Forever", wherein the forests of Venus
>have become 'duned', rather than 'jewelled' like they used to be in the 70s.
>Maybe some space bandits stole all the jewels, leaving only sand....

Venus must be the home of the protagonists of Fable of a Failed Race, where
'this land / That once was green (and) is now all sand'!

Stephan