BOC: MIRROR

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Jun 7 13:16:50 EDT 2001

On 7 Jun 2001, at 11:44, Scruton, Jason wrote:

> What's also cool about this is it seems CMC gave BOC a bigger budget
> to work with -- I mean that album art is really really good -- its got
> the aesthetic sensibility of their classic album covers (up to
> Revolution by Night). Here's hoping to rock out more.

Good point!  The album art is first rate, and rivals any of their best--it
may actually be their best alubum art. YMMV.  Kind of reminds me
of Spectres, eh?  And beyond the artwork, the budget is apparent in
the sound quality, isn't it?  This disc sounds much better than HF,
no?

Still no review yet--haven't played it enough, but I like Showtime's
use of vibrato guitar on the verses.  Some of the lyrics are really
bad, but I'm hoping they'll make more sense on repeated listenings.

I really like EB's vox on this disc.  Sounds like he's back to the old
days, vocally...
theo