HW: Bored while watching the election online

Alastair Lee Sumner als at POSTMASTER.CO.UK
Fri Jun 8 08:19:07 EDT 2001

I was half-watching a late night kung-fu film on satellite tv once. During
one of the fight scenes I noticed that the backgound music was
from 'Pictures at an Exhibition' by Isao Tomita (One of my favourite
musicians). That was unusual enough. This was then imediately followed
by 'Masters of the Universe' by Hawkwind. By this time I was checking to
see if my hi-fi had come on by accident or someone else was playing it in
the house. Freaked me right out.

Alastair.

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:56:05 +0200, Sebastian Welton <sebastian at WELTON.DE>
wrote:

>While watching the count come I decided to trawl the web looking for
>Hawkwind and related stuff that doesn't seem to have been mentioned here:
>
>- Hawkwind (along with Abba) were used as the soundtrack to a
>Swedish/Danish/Italian film called Tillsammans directed by Lukas Moodysson
>in 2000 (I think I might have seen this actually)
>
>- There's a very nice poster called Fantasy by Peter Pracownik based on
>Hawkwind (DM23 from www.poster.de)
>
>- There are 2 Burg Herzberg CD's available of which the first contains
>Hawkwind playing Love In Space (also includes Gong, Guru Guru, Faust, etc.)
>
>- There's a 700W horn system (at DM13,340) and a 1800W bass reflex speaker
>(at DM5,742) under the model range Hawkwind and there' a PA system called
>Hawkwind
>
>- You can get a nice poster of the line-up of the Hot Rock Night festival
>(1973) featuring Hawkwind and others (from www.rockart.de)
>
>- Jimmy Cauty (he of KLF fame) released a remake of Silver Machine calling
>himself Scourge Of The Earth which is available on the I Don't Know What
You