OFF/NOT MUSIC: more of a media celebrity than he ever oughta been...

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 12 07:15:54 EDT 2001

Darrin McKeehen writes:

> I for one am glad that McVeigh is on dead and a crispy critter!!
>
> I think they should show the execution of this rat bastard scumbag of
> ultimate proportions on all 3 major networks during prime time hours.

I'm reservedly in favour of that. If the yanks are happy for their
government to kill people in their name, then watching it might be
salutory. My reservations are that there are some folks just as twisted
as McVeigh was who would not only enjoy this, they'd watch it again and
again on tape.

And if you're not as angry as McVeigh was that your government killed
people, including children, at Ruby Ridge and Waco, then you have
problems too.

> Maybe, that would send a message to any others w/ such ideas that we
> show no sympathy toward terrorists.

No, it'd show them someone who they regarded as a martyr. Just imagine
that someone had video of JC on the cross and you'll get the idea how it
would play. And the idea that the death penalty would stop terrorists is
risible at best. The death penalty doesn't even stop drug smugglers in
those countries that do this.

> > I hope someone w/ a gas powered leaf blower shows up when they are
> spreading > his ashes.

He's dead. Revenge stops there by definition. All you'd achieve by this
is upsetting his family and they're legally IB's.

> I will be driving through Terra Haute next month.  Maybe, I will get
> outta my car and dance a jig.

McVeigh's an easy test. Let's see you do it when you execute a retard or
a kid.

> No Remorse!

That's what McVeigh said.

FoFP