OFF/NOT MUSIC: more of a media celebrity than he ever oughta been...

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 12 07:23:41 EDT 2001

DASLUD at AOL.COM writes:

> In a message dated 6/11/01 6:06:54 PM, dmckeehen at HOTMAIL.COM writes:

>>  for one am glad that McVeigh is on dead and a crispy critter!!

> last fall, in afghanistan, 15,000 people filled a stadium for the
> public execution of a woman; a mother of 7 who took a sledgehammer to
> her husband one night as he slept.

A few weeks ago in Iran they executed a woman as a harlot for sleeping
with someone while not being married to them.  It was public, and she
was executed by burying her up to her neck in the ground and allowing
the public to throw stones at her face and head until they killed her.

>> Maybe, that would send a message to any others w/ such ideas that we
>> show no sympathy toward terrorists.

Somehow I think the Iranians have got a better handle on tapping into
public anger than the yanks.  When the yanks can take their invite to
Terre Haute and throw stones at a 17 year old girl because she had sex,
then we'll be able to take this posturing "pour encourager les autres"
as anything more than juvenile.

I understand that Newt Gingrinch wanted the death penalty for drug
misuse. Do you reckon televising that would show American teenagers what
it's really about?

FoFP