OFF: Quarkspace

Stephen Lindas Lindas at MARKETDAY.COM
Thu Jun 14 05:18:08 EDT 2001

I have the cd, its great. The last time they played, about a month ago, they
were at each others throat. I hope they aren't finished. I was planning on
seeing them in a few weeks at the NE OHIO arts and musics festival. Paul the
space bass player used to be in the band SPACECORE. They opened up for
HAWKWIND in 95 at Cleveland. They were fairly heavy space rock. STEPHE

-----Original Message-----
From: K Henderson [mailto:henderson.120 at OSU.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 12:24 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: Quarkspace

>WHAT HAPPENED TO NUCLEON? I love them. STEPHE

I think they just had to cancel for some reason.  Not sure why.  Perhaps
some sort of conflict or something.

Yeah, the first time I saw Nucleon (at SD'98 I guess), I wasn't so
impressed.  I thought they were just loud and unrefined.  But they've really
improved their songwriting over these last couple of years, and I think
they've grown spacier perhaps due to their experiences at events like SD and
seeing all the other bands.  Stoner-type space-metal with synthesized bass
doesn't sound like it would work, but it really does give them a unique
character.  Check out their first CD, 'Hyper Emitter' or whatever it's
called...very good stuff, if kind of a muddy recording.  Manic Moon is the
label.  I think nucleon.cjb.net is the band's website.

Grakkl (FAA)