BOC: Lyrics--Good?

Scruton, Jason GG3757 at DFA.STATE.NY.US
Thu Jun 14 08:06:41 EDT 2001

>> I'd love to see the next album have lyrics by someone like Ken Hite,
>> who could boggle the minds of the people that thought they understood
>> Imaginos. -- Tim Hall, http://www.kalyr.com
Speaking of which, has Pearlman ever stated what songs/poems were in  _Soft
Doctrines of Imaginos_?  Would be interesting to get his take on the setup
for the song cycle, since we have Albert's rendition of the "events" in the
story (available via the BOC FAQ).

>I've been listening to CotHM a bit more, and it seems I'm only taking
>shots at JS, and not giving credit where he deserves praise.  I'm not
>saying ALL his lyrics are bad, and in fact, some are pretty good

intranet -only laden as I am at work, I can't actually read Shirley's words
which, from what I gather on alt.music.blueoystercult, are posted now on the
official BOC site.

I do like (gasp!) the reference to wearing the all white suit in one of the
songs Buck sings on Curse.

Q: when was the last time Buck wore the all white Getup? and when did he
start to wear the all black one he dons (no pun intended) now?

Also, Theo,(and for all you Robin Trower fans out there), a recent issue of
Guitar One  special on classic guitarists, (march I think) did an interview
with Mr. T(rower). a snippet is linked to on
www.procolharum.com/whatsnew.htm --
and the tenuous space rock link for all you digest readers is that the
supergroup "STMP" (members of spock's beard, dream theater among others) on
their Transatlantic album did a cover of the 17 min. procol harum '68 opus
"In Held Twas In I."

"If you don't know the words, sing the lyrics" - overheard at the Highland
games in Syracuse from the entertainment tent.

Jason