OFF: Porcupine Tree at Shepherd's Bush Empire

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jun 22 08:55:01 EDT 2001

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:50:43 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:

>        I've noticed that every PT fan seems to like one but not the other
>of the two pop albums; as I've said I prefer LS

I may have been a little harsh on LS, you are right in saying "Hatesong" is
a very strong track, I had sort of overlooked that on the first few
listens, but yeah it's good... there are still some atrocious tracks on
that album though IMHO.

BTW as regards "Stupid Dream", I don't know why I said "Baby Dream" was a
standout track, I was getting it mixed up with "A Smart Kid". The first bit
of Baby Dream, with the treated vocals, reminds me of Aoxomoxoa-era Dead
though, which is a (reasonably) good thing. I actually quite like "Stop
Swimming" too... one would need a heart of stone not to laugh at the
maudlin self-pity of some recent PT lyrics but that song doesn't strike me
as the worst offender...