OFF: Porcupine Tree at Shepherd's Bush Empire

Kirsten Procter kprocter at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Fri Jun 22 09:01:28 EDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Nick Medford wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:50:43 +0100, Jon Jarrett
> <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>
> >        I've noticed that every PT fan seems to like one but not the other
> >of the two pop albums; as I've said I prefer LS

 Except me. I rather like them both equally.

> BTW as regards "Stupid Dream", I don't know why I said "Baby Dream" was a
> standout track, I was getting it mixed up with "A Smart Kid". The first bit
> of Baby Dream, with the treated vocals, reminds me of Aoxomoxoa-era Dead
> though, which is a (reasonably) good thing. I actually quite like "Stop
> Swimming" too... one would need a heart of stone not to laugh at the
> maudlin self-pity of some recent PT lyrics but that song doesn't strike me
> as the worst offender...

 <g> Exactly. I rather like "Stop Swimming" in the same way I rather
like, oh, I don't know, the version of "Hurry on Sundown" on Early
Daze, or pink hair extensions - it's a self-indulgent, matters not what
you think thing :)

Kirsten
--
Kirsten Procter                                                         ghoti
NP: Hawkwind - Early Daze