OFF: Song titles

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jun 27 12:48:05 EDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:10:50 +0100, Jon Browne <jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK>
wrote:

 "Into
>>You Like A Train" though the song was nothing special.

>d00d! Its a BRILLIANT song!

Is it? It must be at least a decade since I played that album, can't even
remember the LP title. I tried with the Furs, honest I did, but was never
convinced... could never acquire the taste for the vocals for one thing
(and as an Ubu fan I'm pretty open-minded on such things...)... "Dumb
Waiters" and "All Of This and Nothing" were good 'uns, but not much else
grabbed me. Maybe a re-evaluatory spin is in order.

Re-evaluatory spins are great. Very illuminating. (Although sometimes they
result in ego-crushing trips to the Record and Tape Exchange to brave the
sneers of the ultra-hip staff as one sheepishly asks "how much for these?",
while gingerly pushing a clutch of Yes albums across the counter.)