HW: getting your nob out onstage

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jun 27 13:34:17 EDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:02:07 -0400, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:

>Does GP-O still have a nob these days?  I thought he decided to give
another
>gender a try.

Well he definitely had one in the late 80s- it was adorned with a
remarkable amount of metalwork and used to regularly appear in piercing
magazines etc.

However I did read that he and his current companion "Mistress Jackie" had
embarked on a programme of surgery to become identical androgynous
creatures, so I don't know his current packet-status. (This struck me as a
little self-indulgent, even by Gen's high standards).

>Grakkl (FAA), who was priviledged enough to witness Daevid Allen's nob,
>though the one person who was so overcome by emotion to go up onstage after
>the song to give him a (nope, not that! Just a) hug was a guy!  Lucky him.

Yeah I read on the Gong newsgroup that the Alien banana had been exposed a
number of times on the recent U of E tour. Some people were actually rather
upset by this, which I found extraordinary, but there you go.

(BTW troos= trousers, or "trahsers" if you come from London, "pants" if you
come from the US).