OFF: good places to live?

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Mar 2 17:09:36 EST 2001

:Subject: Re: OFF: good places to live?
:
:Arin Komins writes:
:
:> Hey folks,
:>
:> My apt. lease didn't get renewed, so I've got to find a new place to live.
:> (phooey.)
:>
:> As I've never been overwhelmingly fond of Chicago in the first place
:> (brrrrrrr), it may be time to move out.
:>
:> To that end, anyone want to pimp their particular part-of-the-world?
:> Warm would be nice, though not (sigh) necessary.  A good IT job
:> market is important, and decent folks to hang out with would be
:> a definite plus.
:>
:> (bonuses if you have reasonable cd shops/sf bookstores/game shops/comic
:> shops in the area.)

[a bunch of people respond in favor of sites in the uk, austin,
dc/maryland, calif. bay area.]

UK folks,  anyone happen to know if it is possible for a nonEuro member
to get a job over there?  All the *.gov.uk sites I looked at
made it seem highly unlikely......

I'm looking at the others, too. (also looking in the chicago area, for
lazyness sake.)

Arin
(sigh. I really hate moving.)
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559