Canterbury festival

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Mar 14 12:13:15 EST 2001

On 14 Mar 2001, at 11:56, K Henderson wrote:

> Iain asked...
>
> >No one has asked yet, is there camping available ? That would
> >certainly
> help >get me over from the west country if I knew I didn't have to
> drive back that >night. > >Is there a campsite nearby ? > >Anyone ?
>
> Weird that I'm contributing to this, but on the way from Dover to
> London for the Hawkestra gig, I tent-camped within walking distance
> (~2 miles due east) of the centre of Canterbury, along Bekesbourne
> Road.

I hate to introduce such a bummer, but is there a chance that the
current calamity over foot-and-mouth disease will cast a pall on
outdoor concerts this summer, and possibly lead to their
cancellation?  Does anyone know how this restricts movement from
one country to another, esp. in the EU?  I'm planning to be in Eur. in
a couple months, and wonder if I should cancel my tickets?

theo

xxxxxxxxx

"Wherever you go, there you are."
--B. Banzai