HW: Croydon

Michael W Blackman michaelangelo68 at OZEMAIL.COM.AU
Wed Mar 28 13:55:06 EST 2001

You have to love the directions Hawkwind have taken - its what makes them truly special

If you really listen to all Hawkwind music - you'll find those special elements that made all the early material so amazing as well as something distinctly new and refreshing with each progressive album

Artists are allways seeking a new expression  -  That ultimate creation - The ultimate trip....

hawkwind is the real Magical Mystery Tour - dig it man

Thats how I feel anyway because Im allways driving myself nuts with my own personal creative expressions (But my wife keeps me grounded)

nighty night

Mb
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael S. Habiby
  To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 2:20 AM
  Subject: Re: HW: Croydon

  I saw Ron once. In '97.  He was just awesome.  He was in white paint from head to jeans.. and stood in front of a black light.  Therefore he was PURPLE all show. Very cool. Loved his Sonic Attack.  But then I am so open minded I enjoyed Capt. Rizz too.  But then again I love Reggae so there ya go. Enough rambling.
--
____________
Mike Habiby
corwyn at nycap.rr.com
_____________

"A truly great man never puts away the simplicity of a child. " --Chinese Proverb

  Michael W Blackman wrote:

i'LL BET SOME FOLKS SAID THE SAME SORT OF STUFF ABOUT bOB cALVERT WHEN HEFIRST GOT UP AND STARTED doing his thingAll opinions respected 100%So heres mineThey aint nothing wrong with RonTree ( He's cool man)Let the man have his space to be creative and express himself is all I sayMb----- Original Message -----From: Mark Jermy <m.jermy at CRANFIELD.AC.UK>To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 5:52 PMSubject: HW: Croydon
I'm going to kill the sound engineer if I ever get my hands on him.  Much
as
I love Alan's playing, being able to hear that to the virtual exclusion ofall else for most of the gig is somewhat frustrating - Dave's guitar wasinaudible and Jerry's was most of the time.Technical hitch (what did happen to Richard?) was unfortunate, but theversion of High Rise they pulled off was good, followed by some great
Space
Ritual poetry ad hoc from Ron - I still think they could do without him(especially since they had up to 10 people on-stage tonight at somepoint...), but he's getting better each gig I see him.  If he justconcentrated on the Calvert stuff, I think I'd enjoy seeing him full-time.Getting back to Croydon...I can't recall the entire set-list, but there
was
definitely (and in probably the wrong order too):Hmm. I had very good sound almost all night. Could hear Everyone. 7 rowsback right in front of the PA on the left(not bad considering I got mytickets about 7:15pm!). I think it`s definitly where you are in this
place.
Same thing happened last year. I had awful sound all night but others saidit was fine.Sigig/sound/meeting/Bedouin guitarist~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dr Mark JermyAutomotive, Combustion and Energy EngineeringSchool of Mechanical EngineeringCranfield UniversityCranfield, Beds, MK43 0AL, Great BritainTel +44 1234 754680 Fax +44 1234 750425http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/sme/aeod/homepage.htm