WAY OFF: Insidious business practices

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Mar 28 20:27:47 EST 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:18:42 -0500, Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
wrote:
>This has been going on for quite some time...

In California, the major supermarkets have had the "discount" cards for
some time (around 5 years, maybe?).  However, the backlash has set in, and
of the two major chains with presence in Northern California, one
(Albertson's, including former Lucky stores) has dropped them, preferring
to advertise "the same low prices for EVERYONE".  Safeway still has the
cards.  Guess which one I shop at?

Of course, I've probably already *)&%&*$#ed up by using the "Beverages &
More" card, so there's a computer out there somewhere that has a pretty
accurate record of my alcohol consumption.

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com