OFF: Moorcock on sci-fi

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Mar 29 06:46:13 EST 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:54:23 -0500, Douglas Pearson <ceres at SIRIUS.COM>
wrote:

[snip some interesting obsevations on dystopian fiction]

>For example - back to Moorcock - one can certainly see anti-royalist and
>anti-militarist sentiments at the heart of the Elric and Jerry Cornelius
>series', respectively.  But those political viewpoints are nowhere near the
>main focus of any of those stories (or so it strikes me).

Have you read 'The Rituals Of Infinity'? That's one Moorcock book where the
political message seems heavy-handed to me, rather overwhelms the actual
story.