OFF Mornington Crescent

Thu Mar 29 12:34:56 EST 2001

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Jon Browne wrote:

> Not that it's got anything to do with anything, but did you know there
> are actually 40 abandoned stations on the Tube?
>
> Like King William Street, which was closed over 100 years ago, which
> still has posters on its wall but is only accessible down a manhole in
> the basement of Regis House, with breathing gear coz the air's gone bad?

        I knew there were three at least, but I didn't know it was as many
as forty... You come through two of them (Lords and Marylebone Road) on
the way into Baker Street on the Metropolitan, they're not too difficult
to spot although most of the platforms have been cleared out. And of
course Everyone Knows there's one under Buck House to evacuate the Royals
with in the case of son^H^H^Hnuclear attack. Honestguvplainasthernoseon-
yerfaceinnitnah. Yours,
                        Jon

--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk