OFF: FLOOD GEORGE BUSH WITH YOUR E-MAILS!

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Mar 30 06:49:20 EST 2001

Douglas Pearson writes:

> Although one can argue that the scientific theory which holds that human-
> emitted greenhouse gasses (CO2 etc.) are responsible for a global warming
> trend that could potentially render the planet uninhabitable is not
> CONCLUSIVELY proven, the evidence supporting it appears to be stronger than
> any evidence contradicting it.  And, the likelihood is, by the time the
> theory is conclusively proven, well, the key word will be "conclusive".  As
> in, the conclusion of life on earth as we know it.  That's the issue -
> possible short-term economic loss versus possible FINAL CONCLUSION.
>
> Regardless of the science involved, the politics involved seem pretty
> obvious.  Florida didn't hand the election to Bush like it was "supposed"

I thought it did? There was never any point at which he was behind in
Florida, though there was admittedly a point at which the idiot media
stated he'd lost Florida. It was kinda weird to leave my boss's house
with Gore being declared President to arrive at my house to hear Bush
declared President and then wake up to hear you guys admit you had no
idea who was President.

I'm sure you'll install better equipment by next time. The option will
be to hear Hilary Clinton whining on TV for 53 days. The rest of us
would all rather get together and nuke you rather than face that.

> and Florida would be the first state in the USA to be
> *catastrophically* affected by the effects of global warming (since the
> vast majority of the state is only a few feet above sea level ... at least
> Hawaii has some mighty tall mountains to retreat to).  Sounds like payback
> time to me!

People in glass houses Doug: would the last person to leave California
please switch out the lights :-)

>     -Doug

FoFP