OFF: FLOOD GEORGE BUSH WITH YOUR E-MAILS!

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Mar 30 14:50:05 EST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:49:20 +0100, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:
>Douglas Pearson writes:
>> Florida didn't hand the election to Bush like it was "supposed" to
>
>I thought it did?

Uh, no.  It was the Supreme Court who had to step in to tell Florida to.
Remember?  Florida *might* have, if it had the chance to (re-)count
everything properly (or, it might not have, depending on how the count
went), which is of course what they should have done from the start ...

>I'm sure you'll install better equipment by next time.

They'd better, since at least one of the newspaper-recount-consortiums is
*still* counting.

>The option will
>be to hear Hilary Clinton whining on TV for 53 days. The rest of us
>would all rather get together and nuke you rather than face that.

Actually, one of the current simmering-under-the-headlines news stories is
how ever since she assumed office, we've hardly heard a peep from her.
Definitely a good thing if it's saving us from nuclear destruction (not
that I could really blame the nuke perps in that case)!

>> and Florida would be the first state in the USA to be
>> *catastrophically* affected by the effects of global warming ...
>> ...  Sounds like payback time to me!
>
>People in glass houses Doug: would the last person to leave California
>please switch out the lights :-)

Just one more area in which it's post-election payback time ;^)

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com