BOC: Remastered CDs (+ speculation)

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Sat Mar 31 18:53:53 EST 2001

Jon queried:

>find more people to whom it seems appropriate to play it :-) so I'd like
>to know if there's a particular batch that skip as described or if one
>just has to put up with it... Any information anyone?

After using school t-1 connections for purely non academic use (grin), on
the BOC newsgroup there was talk about this -- it boils down to essentially
there being an error on the tape (dust, etc) at that point in cagey cretins
(and from other posts along this thread, there were some in 7 Screaming Diz
busters, supposeduly Bolle gregamar has a list of about a dozen or so
warbles etc. that are the result of unclean tapes and the like. So all will
be cleaned as they should be for the re-mastered set.
Also, no lyrics will be included in the remasters.

Fun anecdote: saw someone besdies me looking through the BOC section at the
mall-o-tainment outlet (F.Y.E.) and cheerfully told the fellow to save his
money for the summer when sony is remastering the whole collection.

Browsing through the Blood sweat and Tears section, too, i noticed they
have received a similar treatment (remastered+extra trax).

(second to) Lastly, a word of warning, the David Spade film "joe Dirt"
purports in the commerical to feature music from Blue Oyster Cult, among
others from that fascinating odd decade o' the seventies.

Now playing: Valedictory Songs - Bevis Frond.
For everyone near a borders, it appears that Rubric Records has a deal with
Borders. so yay to them for gettin' the woid out.

Jason