BOC: Curse Of The Hidden Mirror review

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Tue May 1 09:53:29 EDT 2001

My 1.7 cents (after taxes):
You could have taken the paragraph about Bobby R's Drumming driving Buck,
snipped out Rondinelli's name and put in A.Bouchard... I think Bobby's drumming
*is* getting better at finding a groove rhytm that isnt a metronome, but
c'mon... he don't have the funk (esp. if compared to the SFG that just came
out, and Piece of Work by the Surgeons).
Yeah, those lyrical snippets are kinda dire reading in that review.

At least with an all Buck Dharma production on this CD, it should sounds better
as an album than HF -- dont forget that on the latter a few of the tunes were
salvaged from sessions done by whatshisface, the manager guy (As cool as
Harvest Moon is as a song, it should have been more ominous. A boot version
translates the song MUCH better than what came out on HF).

Also: trivia if anyone out there has the punk Mag Sarch and Destroy's 2 volume
compilation of issues, i think in the first one theres a goodly sized interview
with Helen Wheels.. I flipped through it and she made some interesting comments
on the translation of her Tattoo Vampire and Sinful Love on AoF.

I wonder what Albert thinks of the sound of the SFG CD.

on flame with rock and roll.
Jason