BOC: fakes? SFG liner notes revelation

Robert C. Mayo RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Fri May 4 11:22:57 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/4/01 4:02:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time, hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
writes:

> Right. I got my copy yesterday and the very non-metal Byrds / Dead
> influences on it continue right through the 70s BOC. Buck has never played
> like a metal guitarist, and Albert is much too artistic to hit the drums
> like Ian Paice (not that I'm knocking Paice). I totally agree with
> Braunstein about the mixture of the sweet and the powerful being the

well, upon even further reflection, their being a non-metal band writing
metalic music is what made them so special isn't it? it really set them a
part from their contemporaries; i guess a better example of their non-metal
writing in a metal context would be 'Before the Kiss'...I mean, what is that
(besides a great song)? well, thats a 70's hard rock/metal song written by a
band from a completely different place... and hence fathoms more interesting
than most concurrent stuff by other 70's hard rock/metal.

i love this record...

bobm