OFF: Drummers

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Wed May 9 15:18:09 EDT 2001

Hi Ian,

>its Shyamal Maitra, I've seen him a few times live and is absolutely awesome.
>I saw him with Gong twice playing a drum kit and tabla's, etc he totally blew
>me away....

Yeah, he's great! Does anyone know where he plays nowadays?

>Since seeing him  I started studying Tabla. Still learning <G>

Yup, great instrument. It's a lot more difficult than it looks. But that's
the case with all ethnic percussions IMO. I bought a small drum (a Doumbek
IIRC) during holidays in Tunisia, but I never reached a high enough
skill-level.

(c)IAO

                         D+R