OFF: MP3/CD Portable

Mark Jermy m.jermy at CRANFIELD.AC.UK
Fri May 11 06:20:26 EDT 2001

>From: Rich Warren <rich.warren at BTINTERNET.COM>
> Just got my new portable CD player that'll play MP3s too.  This is gonna
be
> good 650 minutes of random Hawkwind here I come.

I considered one of these, but in the end bought an ordinary portable CD
player (cheaper). My theory was that CDRs are cheap and small, so carrying
your music round as audio CDRs was almost as convenient as MP3 CDRs,and a
bit easier to burn. So I lug a small pile of audio CDRs made from my (legit
bought) HW&others collection and from the mp3s I've picked up here and
there, and can play them anywhere.

Sorry, I'm an academic, I have to play devil's advocate.

Mark