OFF: Genesis

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat May 12 11:29:20 EDT 2001

In message <mPPyqHAJvU$6EwMT at comics.demon.co.uk>, Jon Browne
<jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK> writes

>Disc 3 has this amazing live Supper's Ready from the Rainbow '73.

Ah. OK. It's simple then- I have to buy it.

> They are simply a great band who finished in 1979.

Maybe even a little earlier, I reckon Steve Hackett's departure was the final
nail in the coffin, though the corpse did twitch a bit- there's the odd half-
decent track on Abacab for example, and the single "Mama" had a
surprising sound- although I recall reading a review of it, in Sounds I think,
which said simply "They thought about making an experimental record.
They were pleased with the results. Somewhere up in the hills, the
archangel Gabriel laughed". Which was probably about right.
--
Nick Medford