HW VOiceprint

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu May 17 09:53:01 EDT 2001

Doug Pearson writes:

> Since the "original" Weird CD's seem to be going out of print, perhaps they
> could be redone more efficiently:
> * ALL the Hawkwind live '77 material (102/103/105) could be combined on a
> single CD.
> * ALL the Hawklords live AND studio material (104/102) could be combined on
> a single CD.
> * ALL the Dave Brock solo stuff (101/107) could be on a single CD.
> * The pre-Hawkwind and early Hawkwind stuff (106/108), minus the already-
> available tracks, could be on a single CD.
> * Everything else (Watchfield, live '76, studio outtakes, Sonic Assassins -
> 101/103/105/etc.) could fit on a fifth CD.

As it happens, I've done precisely that on CDR, bringing in missing
tracks like Golden Void from the Sonic Assassins gig; Silver Machine and
Welcome from the Greasy Truckers gig; Time For Sale and Paradox from
1976 and Waiting For the Man from Roundhouse 77.

This was for a project from way back before the band announced they'd
produce the weird tapes on CD (indeed discussion of the project here may
have prompted this :-)

I even managed to get some fancy CD boxes which hold six CD's (they're
similar to the large double-CD boxes but hold two CD's on each "wing"
and two on the middle segment).  Unfortunately these were expensive so I
only have a dozen of them.  A cover had been produced by Kevin, though
no back cover; circlets, or tracklist work had been done when I
suspended the project upon the band's announcement.

I guess it wouldn't bankrupt Voiceprint/Hawkwind if I did the dozen sets
I have the boxes to do (I'd like to finish it just to have one copy
myself anyway). So if eleven other diehard kollectors are interested
then let me know. For reasons of avoiding expensive debates with
lawyers, I'd have to restrict this to people who legally own official
copies of either the weird tapes or the weird CD's as it'd be illegal
for me to provide a backup service othewise :-)

It should also be noted that I've been operating on Hughes Time as
regards Hawkwind projects lately, but maybe this would spur me on.

The tracklists were:

CD1   EARLY YEARS 70-73
---   =================

(Text of Festival Tracks)
W106 Hurry On Sundown                   4 mins 42
W106 We Do It                          10 mins 18
W108 Dreaming)
W108 Shouldn't Do That)         segue  12 mins 03 (split 5.09)

(Greasy Truckers)
W106 Master of the Universe)    segue  11 mins 58  (split 4.47)
W106 Announcements                      0 mins 40
W106 Born To Go)
+ Silver Machine (Glastonbury)          4 mins 45
+ Welcome (Glastonbury)                 2 mins 33

(also)
W108 Space Is Deep                      8 mins 15 + applause
W106 Earth Calling                      3 mins 20
W106 Jam                                3 mins 17
W108 Live and Let Live                  3 mins 53
W108 Etchanatay                         3 mins 06
W106 Make What You Can                  6 mins 57
                                       ----------
Total                                  75 mins 49
                                       ==========
CD2  1975 - 1977
---  ===========

1975

(Watchfield)
W103 Cake Out                           4 mins 33 Castle Masters Collection
W103 Circles                            4 mins 20
W103 Elements                           4 mins 15

1976

W103 Slap It On De Table                0 mins 50
W105a Paranoia                          1 mins 02
W105b Back on the Streets)
W105b Chronoglide Skyway)       segue   8 mins 50  (split 3.42)
+ Time For Sale (Atom76)                8 mins 51
+ Paradox       (Atom76)                4 mins 20

Roundhouse 1977

W105b Brainstorm)
W105b Wind of Change)           segue   11 mins 30 (split 7.17)
W105b Assassins of Allah)
W105b Forge of Vulcan)          segue    9 mins 40 (split 7.15+applause)
W105b Steppenwolf                        9 mins 25
+ Waiting for My Man (CoF)               5 mins 21
W105a Advert                             1 mins 20
                                        ----------
Total                                   74 mins 17
                                        ==========
CD3   Live '77
---   ========

Stonehenge

W102 Quark Strangeness and Charm )                                Anthology
W102 Master of the Universe )   segue   9 mins 18 (split times 2.30
W102 The Future )                               4.40 2.04)
W102 Spirit of the Age )                                   Best of F&R
W102 Sonic Attack)              segue   11 mins 00 (split times 5.40 5.20)
W103 High Rise                          5 mins 30
W103 Damnation Alley)
W103 Uncle Sam/Iron Dream)      segue   14 mins 15 (split times.7.40 12.40)
W103 Robot                              7 mins 10

Sonic Assassins

W101 Over the Top                       7 mins 37
W101 Magnu/Angels of Death              5 mins
W101 FreeFall                           7 mins 35
W101 Death Trap                         4 mins
 + Golden Void (F&R)                    4 mins 33
                                       ----------
Total                                  75 mins 59
CD4   HAWKLORDS
---   =========

Hawklords Live 1978

W104 Death Trap)
W104 Micro Man)                 segue   9 mins 50 (split
6.10+applause 3.40)
W104 Spirit of the Age)
W104 Urbane Guerilla)           segue   14 mins 26 (split
9.10+applause 5.16)
W104 Steppenwolf)
W104 Free Fall)                 segue   22 mins 30 (split 8.50
5.20+applause)
W104 Uncle Sam/Iron Dream)

Hawklords Studio ?1978

W102 Valium 10                          7 mins 50  Mighty Hawkwind Classics
W102 Douglas In The Jungle              6 mins 45  Castle Masters Collection
W102 Time of                            5 mins 25
W105a Intro + Flying Doctor             6 mins 05   F&R III
                                       ----------
                             Total     72 mins 59
                                       ==========

CD5   Rockin' With Brock
---   ==================

W108 Roll Em Pete)
W108 Come On)                   segue   4 mins 45 (split 2.19)
W108 Dealing With The Devil             2 mins 07      Castle Masters
W108 Bring It On Home                   3 mins 10      Anthology
W106 Came Home                          2 mins 05      Castle Masters
W108 Down On Her Knees                  5 mins 41
W107 Streets of Fear                    4 mins 15
W107 1st Landing On Medusa              2 mins 56
W107 Touchdown                          1 min  45
W107 Winter of Discontent               2 mins 20
W107 Choose Your Masks                  5 mins 25
W107 Looking In The Future              3 mins 31
W107 Disintegration (not listed))
W107 Space Travellers                   2 mins 31
W107 Circles                     )      7 mins 11
W107 Speed of Light                     5 mins 20
W107 Bombed Out                         3 mins 51
W101 Nuclear Toy                        4 mins 15
W101 The War                            4 mins 50
W101 The Dream)
W101 Assassination)             segue   4 mins 55
W101 The Dream2)
W101 Satellite                          2 mins 40   Church of Hawkwind
W105 Where Are They Now                 1 mins 55