OFF: Magazine

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sun May 27 13:30:39 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/27/01 10:46:07 AM, nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK writes:

<< The kind of reference points I had were that they might be a sort of UK
equivalent of Pere Ubu or early Talking Heads.  If in fact they were a
power-pop outfit like the Buzzcocks can someone warn me please...
-- >>
=========
well, y'know, devoto left the buzzcocks...
(which aint to say magazine sounded at all like the buzzcocks!)

no talking heads equvalence. at all.

...your liking of magazine might hinge upon
your liking of mr. devoto's voice;
try to get a taste before trying to sit through 3cd's worth...

"<>"
owned 45's 'shot by both sides'
and 'rhythm of cruelty'

and wondered why they bothered to make crappy lp versions of same.