OFF: Magazine

Moonglum moonglum at DREAMWORKER.CO.UK
Sun May 27 12:44:23 EDT 2001

Hi Nick

Magazine 3-cd for a tenner is definitely worth it.  They are not really
Buzzcocks-like, despite that being where Howard Devoto came from.  They
came to public attention with Shot By Both Sides which is an atypical piece
of new wave blanga.  Most of their stuff is new-wave oriented but is more
keyboard- than guitar-dominated.  They sound a little bit like The Tubes,
or pre-Midge Ure Ultravox...musically they have the same breadth and depth
as the best Bowie (Heroes era), but the sound is meatier than anything
Bowie did.

There must be some mp3's you can listen to....I don't have any url's to
hand since I am a long way from home right now...or muzd I send you one
anyway lol...

Steve