HW: Father and son

colm mcwilliams bedroom at TRANCER28.FSNET.CO.UK
Tue May 29 07:47:11 EDT 2001

I too thought Ginger's drums on Levitation lifted it above most of the other
80's hawkwind material. I was too young to see Hawkwind in the early 80's
but would have loved to be at that bristol gig! :-)

Also did Danny Thompson actually play on "Xenon Codex" as the drums sound so
leaden it could actually be a drum machine.

cheers

Colm McWilliams
ICQ: #62753543

----- Original Message -----
From: "iain ferguson" <iainferguson at AOL.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: HW: Father and son

Hi Alice,

I thought Gingers drums were great on Levitation, I thought his tribal style
really moved the music along. However live I agree he was poo.

I saw him at bristol on the 1980 tour and he did a drum solo !!!!!  The
booing
from the audience was great but that turned to huge laughter when his big
gong
behind him fell from the stand as he hit it !! very very spinal tap <G>

regards
Iain