HW: Father and son

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Tue May 29 07:35:26 EDT 2001

Hi,

>He is a good drummer, not the best but he is good one. His style is too
>straightforward but it was ok for heavy metal 80's style.
>There are a lot of much worse drummers, for example Ginger Baker who ruined
>the album Levitation and live shows where he played.

Ginger Baker a bad drummer? NACK!
And he didn't ruin Levitation IMO. His drumming fits very well in the whole
style of the album.
He isn't the best drummer for playing HW-music (Simon and Richard are the
HW-drum-gods without a doubt), but I prefer his playing many times more
than Danny's 'oomph-ta-oomph-ta-oomph-ta-ta'.
BTW, I wonder what way HW would have gone, if Harvey had been fired and
Jack Bruce brought in as his replacement, as mentioned in Kris' book.

(c)IAO

                                 D+R