HW: Hairy Warriors

Bill & Cynthia freeaqua at IINET.NET.AU
Wed May 30 07:47:37 EDT 2001

Muhahahahaha said:

> not so fast guys (and gals)......
>
> Michael B's copy has no hair, but his demons make him less than happy by
> putting a sticker price tag removal on his........

This used to annoy the hell out of me. Only when retailers placed records in
plastic did the album covers be free of such vandalism.

> Yours is the washed out Australian copy, which, like Micheals USA copy,
has
> a tracklisting FONT distinct to your country, as Micheals has ours.

Mine looks washed out cos it's 26 years old. Matter of fact I looked pretty
washed out at 26. Like WotEoT I survived a few parties as well.

> He has the advantage of nice coloring to his, and a "mediocre" to
> "downside" sound quality, while yours has "Fair" to "poor" quality, due to
> Festival records being made out of recycled vinyl (supposedly)....and most
> of them have great crackle, pops, and various imperfectness......(but the
> WORST OF ALL, is the Festival one was colored by ink that will desolve if
> you hold it in one spot too long from your hand........and is very faded
> looking to start)

Can't say I've noticed any imperfections in the sound quality. Then, I
haven't got anything to compare it with. It's a bit like watching a video of
a movie and everyone tells you the big screen is better. You don't know
because you weren't there!

I suppose Festival Records Australia could go down in history as the first
enviromentally friendly company to recycle vinyl.

Bill