HW: Nik thoughts

Thu May 31 13:26:12 EDT 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Stephen Lindas wrote:

> what about Rick Wright? What if SYD wanted to record again? It could happen.
>
> > > isn't it all a bit like the Roger Waters vs Dave Gilmour split down the
> > > middle where both reckoned they had the right to use Pink Floyd - there,
> > the
> > > mystery was why it went to Gilmour as he was NOT an original member of
> the
> > > band - so maybe it's not as clear cut as it seems.
> > Though Nick Mason was.

        I'm not sure, given Syd's rumoured mental state, it could. Though
it's a long time since I read the Echoes FAQ, which is where I got this
notion from. Does anyone know where it lives on the web these days? But
yes, I don't think he's played since 1972. Though several of the sighting
reports I've heard suggest that he still sings. But whether you believe
them or not, is up to you. Yours,
                                 Jon

       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk