HW: Swindon

Stuckey, Robert robert.stuckey at WCOM.CO.UK
Mon Nov 5 08:49:22 EST 2001

  OK, I now take back all I said about HLL, HW sounded superb
 with him playing. Highlights for me were Lives of Great Men
 (played as on Palace Springs, always a favourite of mine)
 and Motorway City. Also, the instrumental from the end of
 Damnation Alley sounded amazing.

  Regarding Simon House's singing....it reminded me of Vic Reeves'
 club singer parody. It wasn't just the voice though, the Lyrics
 to what I believe is called 'City of Dreams' went something like

   Make love, make love
   In the city of dreams
   Make love, make love
   I'll take you to the extreme

   .....I mean, what's that all about?? Fair play to him for
   giving it a go though, he obviously wasn't confident about his
   vocal talents.

    Brilliant gig though!! I might go to Salisbury as well now.

      cheers - Rob