HW Changing song titles

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Nov 14 21:22:22 EST 2001

Doug offered...

>Yes, Jamie Mandelkau (or maybe Mandelkav) was an associate of the Deviants
>and part of the Ladbroke Grove crowd that Hawkwind, Pink Fairies, Magic
>Muscle, etc. etc. were involved with.  "Jamie's Song" is named after him,
>and he's pictured with the rest of the Deviants posse on the cover
>of 'Disposable'.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a picture of him
>somewhere on Phil Frank's website.

And a quick websearch reveals the following entities in existence credited
to at least one (or two) particular Jamie Mandelkau(s)...

Buttons: The Making of a President. True story of 'Buttons' who went from a
rocker to President of the London Chapter of the Hells Angels. A very
interesting read and illustrated with a few atmospheric photos of the time.
Published by Sphere in 1971.

This has got to be the 'right' one.

-and-

a TV script for Canadian TV (recent past, c. 1998)
Life and Times of Liona Boyd (Documentary)
Production Company: Random Factory Producers Group Inc., Toronto
Producers: Gene Mascardelli, Jamie Mandelkau
Director: Donald Shebib
Scriptwriter: Jamie Mandelkau
Broadcaster: CBC
Financial Participation: $93,008

and as everyone knows, Liona Boyd is a classical guitarist and intimate
'friend' of Pierre Trudeau.  :)

Perhaps this ain't the same Jamie Mandelkau after all?  But really, how many
Jamie Mandelkau's could there be?

Grakklkau (FAA)

P.S.  A brief mention of Mandelkau at Phil Freaks' site here...
http://www.ibiblio.org/mal/MO/philm/pinkfairies/friendspf.html