OFF: "Space Does Not Care" Play-list 11/03

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Nov 18 17:10:24 EST 2001

In message <200111091853.NAA26369 at mail4.uts.ohio-state.edu>, K
Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> writes
>>8.Faust-- "Mamie is Blue" (So Far; Collector's Choice...and that new box set)
>
>What's on the CD in the box set that isn't available elsewhere (?)?  I mean,
>is it any good?  Some live BBC thing or something IIRC.

Track listing for the "BBC sessions +" CD is:

1. BBC 1.3.73
a) The Lurcher
b) Krautrock
c) Do So
2. Party 9
3. (360)
4. Party 10
5. Party 1*
6. We Are The Hallo Men**
7. So Far (alternative)
8. Meer (alternative)

The first track(s) was recorded at the BBC on the date stated. The rest of
the CD is previously unreleased except  * from "The Last LP" and ** from
"Munic and Elsewhere", although neither of these tracks are included on "71
minutes", the CD release which combines the remainder of those two
albums.

As to what it sounds like- it's always so hard to describe their music, but
basically all the elements you know and love are here. The album is,
perhaps inevitably, a bit of a rag-bag, and it doesn't come close to "71
minutes" (my favourite Faust CD), but it's interesting enough to be more
than just a curio item.
--
Nick Medford