HW: Probably Already Been Mentioned, but . . .

Tue Oct 2 08:27:49 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 06:34:41PM -0400, Bill Stewart wrote:
> I saw Monster Magnet last month in NYC at a small club (industry show).
> Great show!  This tour should not to be missed. At the show i saw, Wyndorff,
> seeing Hawkwind shirts in the crowd, did  a real rousing version of
> Brainstorm halfway through the set.

        The last time they were in London they dropped into a single-note
riff during the bridge of `Dinosaur Vacume' and started chanting "This is
it, this is it, is it, is it, she said" and so forth while Dave did his
best Nik impression with main `Brainstorm' vocal; nice to see them
acknowledging their influences like that, I thought :-)

        Does that boy Mundell like standing on monitors or _what_,
anyway? Yours,
               Jon

--
Jonathan Jarrett, part-time bookseller's assistant & medieval historian
Pembroke Cambridge   "I flatter myself that we are almost the only people