DIVINE WIND VIDEO - CHECK IT OUT!!!!

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Fri Oct 5 08:34:37 EDT 2001

While this posting is BOC-related, it is relevant for anyone who wants
to see an incredibly patriotic (U.S. patriotic, that is) video.

A BOC fan who is a professional photographer/videographer has created an
incredible video for BOC's "Divine Wind".  As most of you (BOC fans
anyway) know, this song was released back in 1980 as a statement against
the Iranian hostage situation - the song's signature line is "If he
really thinks we're the devil, then let's send him to hell."  Many BOC
fans have noted the appropriateness of this song in the wake of the
events of September 11th.

Go to www.blueoystercult.com and look for the pop-up window that
contains a link to this incredible video.  While it is obviously very
"anti Bin Laden", you will also see vivid examples of American
patriotism in the wake of what has happend.

I'm not doing this to either promote this fan's work, or even to promote
BOC - I'm doing this because I have found it very moving, and very
reflective of my emotions over the past few weeks.

There are a few formats of the video on the website - the Quicktime
version is 25 MB long, so if you only have a 56K modem (like I did at
home), plan on a few hours to download (but well worth it).

John