HW: .com

Tom Clark tclark at PETRONET.NET
Mon Oct 8 00:32:49 EDT 2001

My personal opinion, for whatever it's worth is that  Andy Gilham presented
a valiant and sincere effort at promoting Hawkwind music through the
Internet when at the time, the Internet may not have been recognized as such
a powerful force when it came to disseminating information.  Personally,
when I discovered the Internet, it was a pleasure at the time to find out
anything about Hawkwind, including tours, new albums, who was in the band at
the time, etc., and this included Andy's web site and many others that he
had links to.  Hawkwind did not have an "official" web site at the time.
The internet and Andy's web site included, made it possible to make other
people aware that Hawkwind is still  real band, and still tour.  An
awareness made to those of us who live from far reaches of the world.  Hell,
I spent money twice to travel to the UK to check out the band based on what
I found out on the Internet, and enjoyed the interviews.

I also enjoy the spinoffs, and even some alot Niks stuff and happen to wish I
could make it to see ICU at the next "Hawkestra" .. So what.  Seems like a
Jammin time, though I am not stupid enough to think that the next Hawkestra
event is to be confused with a Hawkwind concert.  I like live music.

Now that the Internet has become everyday life, however, I now think that
Andy ought to let egos and any possible monetary gain out of it, if any.  In the

spirit of being kewl ,  hey!  Just  let the band have what is considered to be
an official domain name and let your egos go!   Let it go, and just let the real

Hawkwind band have it, and go on with his (your)  own official "fan" site
perhaps, but not represent it as being official Hawkwind business.   What's
the big deal?

That is all.